Was a spur of the moment decision to go on the tour and it was amazing. Bing was such a great guide and very knowledgeable with fantastic insight about the area. Would recommend the tour to anyone. Read more
Afternoon City Tour of Los Angeles, Hollywood, & Beverly Hills with Select Movie Stars’ Homes
Pick-Up & Drop-Off at Select Hotels
Guided Tour with a Small Group
Explore Los Angeles’ star-studded highlights from the comfort of a private, luxurious minibus. Your experienced guide will take you to the city’s most recognizable sights like the Hollywood Walk of Fame as well as important cultural monuments.
The A-List Sights
Hollywood Walk of Fame
Griffith Park Observatory
Select Movie Stars' Homes
Walt Disney Concert Hall
Click the tabs to find out more
$70 for adults, $65 for children
Between 1:30pm and 2:00pm
We pick up from select hotels in the Hollywood area around 1:30pm and from hotels in the Downtown LA area around 2:00pm. Please note: times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
JW Marriott Los Angeles LA Live or one of thirteen other hotels. See the full list below for locations to identify your pick-up spot.
- Courtyard and Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles LA Live (901 W Olympic Blvd)
- Hilton Checkers Los Angeles (535 S Grand Ave)
- Hotel Figueroa, DTLA (939 S Figueroa St)
- InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown (900 Wilshire Blvd)
- JW Marriott Los Angeles LA Live (900 W Olympic Blvd)
- The LA Grand Hotel Downtown (333 S Figueroa St)
- Luxe City Center Hotel (1020 S Figueroa St)
- Millenium Biltmore Los Angeles (506 S Grand Ave)
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza (251 S Olive St)
- Sheraton Grand Los Angeles (711 S Hope St)
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites (404 S Figueroa St)
- Hollywood Hotel (1160 N Vermont Ave)
- The Hollywood Roosevelt (7000 Hollywood Blvd)
- W Hollywood (6250 Hollywood Blvd)
Year round, seven days a week
Approximately 3.5 hours
Min. 2, Max. 13
We can accommodate up to 52 passengers with advance notice. Please contact us if your group is larger than 13 people.
Tour with local guide, round-trip transportation from select hotels (see full list under pick-up information)
Gratuities, meals/snacks, beverages
What to Bring
Car seats (for children that require them)
You will be accompanied by an experienced tour guide who will drive you around the city.
An Afternoon Adventure Through La-La-Land
After finishing pick-up at select hotels, our tour begins in Downtown Los Angeles, where you can see the towering skyscrapers, the famous Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, and the modern architecture of the Walt Disney Concert Hall. We will stop for a few photos at the Concert Hall then continue onto the Griffith Park Observatory. Here you will get a stunning panoramic view of the “City of the Angels” as well as the iconic Hollywood Sign.
We then make our way to Hollywood, original home of the city’s entertainment industry. No trip to Hollywood would be complete without a stop at Grauman’s Chinese Theater, which is now known as the TCL Chinese Theater. Here you can walk among the cemented handprints and footprints of movie stars, both past and present. We’ll give you time to stroll along Hollywood Boulevard and find the star of your favorite entertainer on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. While you’re here, check out the exterior of the Dolby Theater, home to the Academy Awards (a.k.a. the Oscars).
Next, your tour will cruise along the storied Sunset Strip, where you will see bars, restaurants, and nightclubs that the young and hot in Hollywood frequent. The tour continues into the gorgeous neighborhoods of Beverly Hills, and here you can see a selection of movie stars’ homes. But the tour doesn’t stop there — you’ll also see where the rich and famous spend their money at the world’s most exclusive boutique shops along Rodeo Drive. Throughout the ride, your guide will point out filming locations from the movie “Pretty Woman”, such as the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
The tour then returns to the select Hollywood and Downtown LA hotels on a route through one of the city’s unique neighborhoods. If you’re not ready to end your LA adventure, be sure to ask your guide for restaurant recommendations or more places to visit.
Other Important Information
- In addition to its many iconic sights, the city of Los Angeles is known for its traffic. For this reason, pick-up and drop-off times are approximate.
- Southern California is known for its sunny weather, so we recommend bringing sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses for our short walks around the stops.
- For safety reasons, our vehicles do not feature an open-top roof. However, you will still be able to capture many wonderful photos from the comfort of our luxurious, air-conditioned vehicles and at our stops.
- The exact order in which we visit the locations is subject to change due to traffic conditions or other circumstances.
Testimonials from Past Clients
Awesome tour fantastic value for money and Carlos was a very attentive and knowledgeable guide. We had limited time in LA and without this Afternoon City Tour experience we would have missed so many memorable experiences. Read more
Three of my children (15,21,21) and I went on the afternoon LA and Hollywood tour with Bing, and were so very pleased that we had made this choice. […] We highly recommend Guideline. Even if you have a week in LA, you might want to start with this tour so you can plan where you want to spend the rest of your time better. Read more
This tour in a new Mercedes van was an excellent way of seeing the best of L.A in 4 1/2 hours. Our guide, Bing, has lived here 38 years and her knowledge of the city and recommendations of places to visit were impeccable. Read more
I’m so glad I took a Guideline Tour over the many other advertised LA sightseeing tours. Rather than the typical big bus with the company name and logo painted on the side, we were picked up in a black Mercedes van that was air conditioned, comfortable, and relatively inconspicuous . The tour size was small (about 8 guests). Our tour guide, Paul, was fabulous. He had extensive knowledge of the LA area, he was easy to hear and understand, he interacted nicely with the group, he had a good sense of humor, and he was very accommodating. Read more